American Autowire 510742 Jeep Yj Classic 1987-1990
American Autowire 510742
1987-1990 Jeep YJ Classic
Classic Update Series Wiring Harness Kits
Front Mount Fuse Block
Quantity: Sold as a kit.
MADE IN THE USA
American Autowire 510742 American Autowire Classic Update Series wiring systems power up your classic ride! Modifying your vintage muscle with modern amenities is beyond the capabilities of OE wiring. These harness kits let you keep the retro looks and enjoy power accessories like air conditioning, windows, and fuel injection. The assemblies are year/make/model-specific for a professional fit and are offered in over 60 different kits. Updating your classic has never been easier!
A new ATO fuse box and bulkhead assembly designed to fit in the stock firewall mounting location with no modification. Dash wiring is laid out to allow for nearly all stock and aftermarket accessories, such as gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc. Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on harness.
Classic Update Series details:
* Longer length wire allows for stock or custom routing
* ATO-style fuse panel and more circuits
* Full color schematics and instructions
* Ignition, headlight, and dimmer switches (most kits)
* Upgraded 8-gauge wire for alternator, fuse link protection, gauge cluster options, and disconnect
* Pre-wired fuse panel mounts in the stock location.
- A new ATO fuse box and bulkhead assembly designed to fit in the stock firewall mounting location with no modification. Dash wiring is laid out to allow for nearly all stock and aftermarket accessories, such as gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc. Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on harness.
- Stock wiper/washer switch and motor connections.
- Steering column connectors that plug directly into the stock ‘87-‘90 Jeep columns and most aftermarket columns using the adapter and terminals included in the kit.
- Separate under dash courtesy lamp assemblies are included for use along with your original dome/interior lighting feeds. Instrument cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. New original style terminals and factory printed circuit board connector for use with stock clusters: an American Autowire exclusive! The system will also connect into most popular aftermarket gauges.
- Factory-correct indicator and warning lamp cluster connectors: another American Autowire exclusive!
- New factory tach connector and leads.
- New factory heater switch and blower resistor connectors and leads.
- New factory-style tail, back-up and side marker lamp (weather-pack) connectors that attach to the factory rear lamps. New fuel tank sender, fuel pump and ground leads that plug directly into the tank sender, along with a new body pass-through.
- New column dimmer switch connector and leads.
- New factory fog lamp switch body connector and control relays.
- New factory-exact headlight switch and instrument panel dimmer switch connectors and leads are provided.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, electric choke, 4WD electro-vacuum switch, starter relay and solenoid feeds, under hood lamp feed, alternator exciter feed, neutral safety and back up feeds, heater blower feed, A/C compressor and low pressure switch feeds, and a power accessory feed. A high-powered 6 gauge 1-wire alternator connection with Mega-Fuse protection is supplied.
- Front lighting includes extra-long leads that can be routed for stock or custom applications. Head light, parking / directional light, side marker light pigtails, fog lamp wiring, and windshield washer pump connections are included. A switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay is provided.
- New door jamb switch leads that will plug into your factory door jamb switches included.
- Optional extra cost factory rear wiper/washer harness, rear defroster and Jeep Dura-spark ignition harnesses are available to be purchased separately.
- This product covers the following year/make/model combinations:
- 1987-90 Jeep YJ, all models
|year make model||1987-1990 Jeep YJ Classic|